Disclaimer: Not an android fan. Click here if you didn’t know that already.
But, if anyone’s looking to buy a decent phone for a decent price, Huawei Ascend P1 is worth looking at. At a price of INR 12,500, it will put to shame a few Samsung/LG/Motorola/Sony Ericsson phones. While am a big fan of brands in general, I sometimes hate the idea of people ‘buying a brand and not a phone’. The Ascend P1 has most of the features of a high-end phone, its apparently comparable to Samsung S2. While I haven’t used an S2, I’d still say the P1 is probably better than that except that it runs Android 4.0.1.
- 7.7mm thin body
- Quad-band GSM and penta-band 3G with HSPA support
- 4.3″ 16M-color capacitive Super AMOLED touchscreen of qHD resolution (540 x 960 pixels)
- Android OS v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Two homescreen options – vanilla and 3D
- Dual-core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB of RAM
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps